Pecan Toffee Bars
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Here's a new way to use crescent rolls. What could be more scrumptious than creamy marshmallow, crunchy toffee, and even a few chopped nuts?
Serves: Serves: 8 (4 each)
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Heath Toffee Baking Bits
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a rimmed 9-by-13-inch cookie sheet with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent rolls and pat into pan, being sure to seal perforations.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk pow≠der, and water.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows and vanilla extract. Spread hot mixture evenly over warm crust.
- Place cookie sheet on a wire rack. Evenly sprinkle toffee bits and pecans over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cut into 32 bars.
- Do not use inexpensive rolls as they don't cover the pan properly.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.