Pineapple Coconut Bars
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
This healthy treat combines pineapple and coconut, for a big taste.
Serves: Serves: 8 (2 each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 2 eggs or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 6 tablespoons purchased graham cracker crumbs or 6 (2 1/2-inch) graham crackers, made into crumbs
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-9-inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine margarine, sour cream, and Sugar Twin. Stir in eggs, undrained pineapple, and coconut extract. Add baking mix, graham cracker crumbs, and coconut. Mix gently just to combine.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared cake pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place cake pan on a wire rack and let set for 10 minutes. Cut into 16 bars.
- A self-seal sandwich bag works great for crushing graham crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.