Pineapple with Mint
This fruit platter makes a refreshing end to any meal
Prep Time: prep 20 mins, plus chilling
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 1 pomegranate
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dark rum (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, cut the peel from the pineapple. Quarter lengthwise. Cut out and discard the woody core from each quarter then thinly slice the pineapple crosswise. Arrange on a large platter.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds, discarding the membranes. Scatter the seeds over the pineapple. Sprinkle the lime juice over the fruit.
- Combine the lime zest, mint, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the fruit, with the rum, if using. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until chilled.
- prep 20 mins, plus chilling
Pineapple with Chile: Dissolve 1/4 cup sugar in 1/2 cup water. Add 1 finely diced chile and boil for 10 minutes, or until syrupy. Serve poured over the pineapple slices.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!