Poached Apples with Ginger
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
This delightfully simple dessert can be served hot or cold
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Cooking Time: cook 30 mins, plus cooling and chilling
Serves: makes 4-6 servings
- 3 pieces stem ginger in syrup
- 3lb ( 1.35kg) Golden Delicious or Braeburn apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 / 3 cup apple juice
- 1 tbsp ginger syrup (from the jar)
- Finely chop the stem ginger. Combine the apples and juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes, until the apples are barely tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ginger and syrup. Cool slightly, to serve warm. (Or cool completely and refrigerate, to serve chilled.)
- prep 15 mins; cook 30 mins, plus cooling and chilling
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!