Presto Peach Ice Cream
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Making your own ice cream isn't hard, especially when you have this recipe. It will taste just peachy!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag (1 pound) frozen (unthawed) sliced peaches
- Place the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl, and stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Dice the frozen peaches into 3/4-inch chunks. Place the peaches in the bowl of a food processor, and process for a couple of minutes, or until finely ground.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the food processor, and process for a couple of minutes, or until the mixture is light, creamy, and smooth. Serve immediately. Freeze leftovers in a covered container, and let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes, or until slightly softened, before serving.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.