Pumpkin Mallow Dessert
This pumpkin dessert is a natural for Thanksgiving, but your family will enjoy it all year long.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 12 (2 1/2-inch) graham cracker squares
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free
- Place 9 graham crackers in a 9-by-9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, water, and marshmallows.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil and marsh-mallows are melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Place saucepan on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Gently fold Cool Whip Free into cooled pumpkin mixture. Carefully spread mixture evenly over graham crackers.
- Crush remaining 3 graham crackers. Evenly sprinkle cracker crumbs over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 8 servings.
- A self-seal sandwich bag works great for crushing graham crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.