Quick Apple Dumplings
Apple dumplings are an old-fashioned recipe, brought here by the pioneers. This modern version is quick and easy.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 (8-ounce) package Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
- 2 cups (4 small) cored, peeled, and finely diced cooking apples
- 1 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll crescent rolls and pat into an 8-by-12-inch rectangle.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, 1/4 cup Sugar Twin, apple pie spice, and walnuts. Spread mixture evenly over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 8 (1 -inch) slices.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining 3/4 cup Sugar Twin and water. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Pour mixture into an 8-by-12-inch baking dish. Evenly arrange apple rolls over "syrup." Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.