Quick Sticky Toffee and Banana Pudding
Gooey and delicious, this couldn't be faster to make; use ripe bananas for the best flavor
Prep Time: prep 5 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 tbsp butter
- 2 / 3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 / 3 cup maple syrup
- 6 slices store-bought gingerbread cake
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 / 2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine the cream, butter, sugar, and maple syrup in a small pan and heat gently, stirring constantly until smooth and melted.
- Layer the cake and bananas in a 9in (33cm) square baking dish. Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with the pecans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling. Serve hot.
- prep 5 mins; cook 10 mins
Pound Cake and Banana Pudding: For a slightly less rich version, replace the gingerbread with 8oz (225g) pound cake. Pound cake is a slightly drier cake than gingerbread, so after you pour the sauce over, let the mixture soak for 10 minutes, then bake as directed.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!