Red Plums with Brandy
This quick, light dessert is delicious hot or cold and festive for the holidays.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 lb (500 g) dark red plums, washed and pitted
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 4-6 cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp cassis or brandy
- Heavy cream, yogurt, fromage frais, or cr鑝e fra頲he for serving
- Put the plums in a pan with the honey, the wine, and the cardamom pods.
- Simmer over low heat until the plums are just starting to disintegrate, then add the brandy (alcohol, incidentally, evaporates when heated, leaving only the flavor behind).
- Heat through again and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with cream, yogurt, fromage frais, or cr鑝e fra頲he.
- This dessert is also delicious served cold.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!