Rocky Road Bars
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
These brownies are nutritious and delectable!
Serves: Serves: 8 (2 each)
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) quick oats
- 6 tablespoons Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/3 cup Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Peter Pan reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11 1/2-by-7 1/2-inch baking pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, baking mix, dry milk powder, Sugar Twin, co≠coa, and baking powder. Add water, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Evenly spread mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle marsh-mallows, walnuts, and chocolate chips evenly over partially baked crust. Return to oven and continue baking for 5 minutes or just until topping starts to melt together.
- Place baking pan on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Cut into 16 bars.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.