Rocky Road Quick Cake
If you thought a healthy lifestyle meant no more ''rocky road" flavors, you'll be pleasantly surprised by this quick cake recipe.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 3/4 cup Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup Nestle Quik sugar-free chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 ounce) miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon (1/4 ounce) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray four (1-cup) glass custard dishes with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, dry Nestle Quik, Sugar Twin, and 3 tablespoons walnuts. Add water, mayonnaise, and vanilla ex≠tract. Mix well to combine.
- Evenly spoon mixture into prepared custard dishes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon marshmallows over top of each.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and remaining 1 tablespoon walnuts. Evenly sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoons of mixture over each custard dish.
- Place custard dishes on a baking sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack and allow cakes to cool for at least 5 minutes. Good warm or cold.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.