Rolled Cinnamon Chocolate Cake
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Here's a jelly-roll-style cake with Mexican flavor -- a blend of chocolate and cinnamon.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 4 eggs or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1/2 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip Lite
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 15-by-10-by-l-inch jelly-roll pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Line bottom of pan with waxed paper, then spray paper with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on HIGH until thick and creamy. Stir in Sugar Twin and vanilla extract. Add baking mix and cocoa. Mix gently to combine.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly pressed.
- Loosen cake around the edges with a knife. Invert the pan onto a clean tea towel and peel off waxed paper.
- Starting at short end, roll up the cake and towel together. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Just before unrolling, prepare filling.
- In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, cinnamon, and water. Mix well using a wire whisk. Stir in walnuts.
- Unroll cake and carefully remove towel. Evenly spread pudding mixture over top and reroll cake.
- Cut into eight 1 1/4inch pieces and top each piece with 2 tablespoons Cool Whip Lite.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.