San Antonio Pecan Chocolate Cream Pie
Invite all the chocolate lovers you know to sit down for a piece of this festive pecan pie!
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 (4-serving) packages JELL-O sugar-free chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped pecans
- 1 (6-ounce) Keebler chocolate piecrust
- 2 (2 1/2-inch) chocolate graham cracker squares, made into crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry pudding mixes, dry milk powder, and water. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons pecans. Spread mixture into piecrust.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and remaining 1 tablespoon pecans.
- Evenly sprinkle crumb mixture over top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place pie plate on a wire rack and let set for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- A self-seal sandwich bag works great for crushing graham crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.