Sicilian Ice Cream Sundaes
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Alternate layers of ladyfingers, raspberries, and ice cream for a very pretty sundae!
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chambord, amaretto, or Frangelico liqueur
- 12 ladyfingers
- 1 quart nonfat or low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Place the raspberries, sugar, and liqueur in a medium-sized bowl, and mash them together. Set aside.
- Crumble 1 ladyfinger into the bottom of each of six 10-ounce balloon wine glasses. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of the raspberry mixture over the ladyfinger in each glass, and top with 1/3 cup of the ice cream. Repeat the ladyfinger, raspberry, and ice cream layers.
- Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons of chocolate syrup over the top of each sundae, and serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.