Sparkling Wine Jellies with Passion Fruit
For a special occasion, you may want to use champagne, but any good sparkling wine will do
Prep Time: prep 20 mins, plus soaking and 4 hrs setting
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 2 envelopes powdered gelatin
- one 750ml bottle sparkling wine
- 1 / 2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 or 3 passion fruits
- unsprayed rose petals, to decorate
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup of the wine. Let stand until the gelatin softens, about 5 minutes.
- Combine another 1/2 cup wine, with the sugar and lemon juice in a nonreactive medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the softened gelatin and stir until the gelatin dissolves; do not boil. Cool slightly. Stir in the remaining wine. Let stand until cooled.
- Meanwhile, cut each passion fruit in half and scoop out the contents. Divide the pulp among 6 champagne glasses. Add 1/4 cup gelatin to each glass. Leave the remaining gelatin mixture at room temperature. Refrigerate the glasses about 30 minutes, until the gelatin sets.
- Divide the remaining gelatin mixture among the glasses and return to the refrigerator. Chill for at least 4 hours, or until completely set.
- Garnish each gelatin with rose petals and serve chilled.
- prep 20 mins, plus soaking and 4 hrs setting; cook 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!