Stewed Apple with Mascarpone
Apples and sweet mascarpone cheese are a natural pairing in this super-fast and light autumn dessert.
Serves: serves 4
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp superfine sugar
- 1 lb (500 g) cooking apples, such as Braeburn, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 8 oz (250 g) mascarpone cheese
- Put the water into a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and heat gently over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the apple slices to the sugar mixture, cooking very gently.
- When the apples have cooked to a smooth pur閑, fold in the mascarpone. Put into individual dishes and chill in the refrigerator.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!