Strawberries with Cream Sauce
Strawberries are naturally sweet, and this cream sauce makes them the perfect dessert.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 2 pints fresh strawberries with stems
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Wash fresh strawberries but keep whole with stems; dry well.
- Place frozen strawberries in food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to medium bowl; add remaining ingredients, except whole strawberries, and mix until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, place sauce in small bowl and arrange whole strawberries around the dish.
- Strawberries, an excellent source of vitamin C, are incredible collagen boosters and promote healthy-looking skin.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.