Strawberry Angel Tarts
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Fill a tart shell with strawberries, jam, and whipped topping, and you have a dessert fit for an angel.
Serves: 8 tarts
- 8 Meringue Tart Shells, plain or almond
- 2 cups nonfat or light whipped topping
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- Place one tart shell on each of 8 serving plates. Fill the center of each tart shell with 1/4 cup of the whipped topping; then place 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the strawberries over the topping, allowing a few of the berry slices to tumble down the sides.
- Place the jam in a small pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute, or until runny. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the jam over the fruit, and serve immediately.
- Variation To make Raspberry Angel Tarts, substitute fresh raspberries for the strawberries, and chocolate syrup or seedless raspberry jam for the strawberry jam. (Do not heat the chocolate syrup; just drizzle it over the berries straight from the bottle.)
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.