Strawberry Yogurt Mousse
This speedy dessert is bound to be a favorite with the kids
Prep Time: 15M, plus chilling
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1lb ( 450g) ripe strawberries
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk, well chilled
- 2 tbsp superfine sugar
- 1 cup thick, Greek-style yogurt, plus more to serve
- Slice the strawberries and set a few aside. Divide half the strawberries among 4 dessert glasses. Purée the remaining strawberries in a food processor or blender. Strain through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Beat the chilled evaporated milk with an electric mixer on high speed about 7 minutes, or until doubled in volume. Beat in the sugar. Stir in the strawberry purée and yogurt until well combined. Spoon into the glasses and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, until lightly set.
- Garnish with a dollop of yogurt and the reserved strawberries.
- refrigerate the evaporated milk overnight or freeze for 30 minutes
- Prepare ahead: The mousse can be made several hours in advance.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!