Tangerine and Apricot Dessert
Apricots and tangerines get dressed in a light orange juice dressing for an easy and healthy spring or summer dessert.
Serves: serves 4
- 10-12 firm ripe apricots
- 6 tangerines
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp honey
- a few drops vanilla extract
- Wash, halve, and pit the apricots; peel the tangerines and divide into segments.
- Put the apricots in a pan with the orange juice, honey, and vanilla and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook until soft but still whole-about 10 minutes-then remove from heat.
- Transfer to a dish, add the tangerine segments, and chill.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!