Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
This pumpkin pie should be served on Thanksgiving -- but it's good anytime!
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated unbaked 9-inch piecrust
- 1/3 cups Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups (one 15-ounce can) pumpkin
- 2 eggs, beaten, or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1/2 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Cool Whip Lite
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place piecrust in a 9-inch pie plate and flute edges.
- In a small bowl, combine dry milk powder and water.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, and milk mixture. Stir in Sugar Twin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour mixture into prepared piecrust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Place pie plate on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 servings. When serving, top each piece with 2 tablespoons Cool Whip Lite.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.