Trail Blazers' Apricot Oatmeal Bread
This apricot oatmeal quick bread is sturdy enough to travel well. You'll feel like blazing your own trail after just one piece!
Serves: Serves: 8 (1 thick or 2 thin slices)
- 1 1/3 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) quick oats
- 1/2 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, oats, Sugar Twin, and cinnamon. Add sour cream, skim milk, and vanilla extract. Mix gently just to combine. Fold in apricots and walnuts.
- Spread batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place loaf pan on a wire rack and let set for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack. Cut into 8 thick or 16 thin slices.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.