Remember that old expression, "It's what's inside that counts"? This recipe uses marshmallows, pecans, and chocolate chips to give the phrase new meaning!
Serves: Serves: 5 (2 each)
- 1 (7.5-ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup (1/2 ounce) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon (7/8 ounce) chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate biscuits and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each biscuit into a 3-inch circle. Evenly divide marshmallows and place in center of each biscuit.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans and chocolate chips.
- Evenly sprinkle mixture over biscuit tops. Fold biscuits in half and seal edges with the tines of a fork. Lightly spray tops with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spray tops lightly again with butter-flavored cooking spray. Place cookie sheet on a wire rack and let set at least 5 minutes. Good warm or cold.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.