Sorbet is a great dessert choice for the lactose-intolerant, or for anyone who likes icy, fruity desserts.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen tropical fruit mix
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Thaw tropical fruit mix at room temperature until slightly defrosted, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mixture into plastic container; cover and freeze up to 2 days.
- Thaw slightly before serving; top with fresh fruit if desired.
- Sleep better and boost your mood! About eight strawberries provide 20 percent of the RDA for the folic acid your body needs to produce serotonin, a neurotransmitter that may prevent insomnia and depression.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.