Tropical Strawberry Ice Cream
Creamy and delicious, this strawberry ice cream is enhanced with the tropical flavors of coconut, rum, and lime
Prep Time: prep 15 mins, plus freezing time
Serves: makes 4 servings
- one 13.5oz ( 378g) can coconut milk
- 7oz ( 200g) white chocolate, chopped
- 6oz ( 165g) strawberries, hulled
- 1 / 4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1 / 4 cups heavy cream
- grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp white rum
- lime wedges and strawberry halves, to serve
- Bring the coconut milk to a bare simmer in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat and add the white chocolate. Let stand a few minutes, then stir until the chocolate melts. Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- Purée the strawberries and confectioner's sugar in a food processor. Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the strawberry purée, whipped cream, lime zest and juice, and rum to the coconut mixture and fold together.
- Pour into a freezerproof container and cover. Freeze at least 6 hours, or until firm. Scoop into dessert glasses, garnish with lime wedges and fresh strawberries, and serve immediately.
- prep 15 mins, plus freezing time
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!