These light, crisp cookies curl up gently as they cool
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 30 mins
Serves: makes 15 cookies
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 / 2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 / 3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400癋 (200癈). Beat the butter and confectioner's sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Gently fold in the flour.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicone baking liner. Place about 11/2 tsp of the batter on the lined baking sheet and spread it out thinly to about a 3in (7.5cm) diameter. Make another 1 or 2 rounds on the same baking sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until they are just beginning to turn pale gold.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Working quickly, one at a time, slide a metal icing spatula under a cookie and drape over a rolling pin so that they cool in a curved shape. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- prep 10 mins; cook 30 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!