Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Colored buttercream icing and simple decorations transform these humble cupcakes into treats fit for a celebration
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 20M
Serves: makes 16 cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- vanilla buttercream frosting, colored pale pink and yellow
- metallic or colored sprinkles or dragées, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, until pale and fluffy. Divide among the muffin cups. Bake 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Pipe a swirl of frosting on top of each cupcake and decorate with the sprinkles or dragées, if using.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!