White Cake with Chocolate Walnut Topping
This classic white cake is bursting with chocolate and walnut flavor.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cups (one 12-fluid-ounce can) Carnation Evaporated Skim Milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-9-inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, Sugar Twin, and dry milk powder.
- In a small bowl, combine water, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Add water mixture to baking mix mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place cake pan on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry pudding mix and evaporated skim milk. Mix well using a wire whisk. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread mixture evenly over cooled cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Cut into 8 servings. Refrigerate leftovers.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.