Here's a very sweet way to serve healthy strawberries.
Serves: Serves: 6
- .3-ounce package sugar-free strawberry-flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 6 tablespoons nonfat Cool Whip, thawed
- 6 whole strawberries, stemmed and hulled
- Place gelatin mix in medium bowl; pour boiling water over top. Stir mixture until gelatin mix is completely dissolved.
- Add cold water; stir until mixed.
- Refrigerate gelatin mixture 1 hour, until it begins to thicken.
- Add yogurt and mix with electric mixer until fluffy; fold in strawberries.
- Divide gelatin mixture into individual serving dishes.
- Just before serving, top each dish with 1 tablespoon Cool Whip. Garnish with whole strawberry.
- Strawberries are a good source of pectin, a fiber that helps the body eliminate cholesterol, reducing the risk of coronary artery disease.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.