10-Minute Teriyaki Fish
This fish recipe is so quick, you can have everyone at the table 20 minutes after walking in the door!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 pound flounder, cod or haddock
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika to taste
- Line broiler pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange fish on broiler pan and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl and mix until blended. Pour sauce over fish.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve or up to overnight.
- Just before serving: Remove fish from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler on high heat.
- Sprinkle fish with paprika and broil 4 to 5 minutes per side, until lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Thaw frozen fish in milk. The milk draws out the frozen taste and provides a fresh-caught flavor.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.