Quesadilla with Mushrooms and Gruy鑢e Cheese
Gruyere cheese and mushrooms make a delicious combination in this easy recipe.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Makes 1
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 41/2oz (125g) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of hot red pepper flakes
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 wheat or corn tortillas
- 13/4oz (50g) Gruy鑢e cheese, grated
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan, then cook the mushrooms with a pinch of salt over low heat for 5 minutes, or until they begin to release their juices. Add the chilli flakes and stir in the parsley.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick frying pan and fry one tortilla for 1 minute, or until golden. Using a slotted spoon to drain them, spoon the mushrooms onto the tortilla, leaving a little room around the edge. Top with the cheese and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Top with the other tortilla, pressing it down with the back of a spatula to sandwich the two together. Scoop the quesadilla up, carefully turn it over, and cook the other side for another minute, or until it is golden and the cheese melted. Slice in halves or quarters, and serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!