Baked Fish Provençal
Simple white fish baked in white wine will become a go-to dinner in your busy household.
Serves: serves 2
- 11/2 lb (750 g) skinned white fish
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 14-oz (425-g) can whole tomatoes, roughly chopped
- mixed herbs, salt, and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Put the fish into a shallow casserole dish, and pour the white wine and lemon juice over it. Leave to marinate.
- Remove the fish from its marinade, drain, and add the marinade to the onion and garlic. Let it reduce a little, then add the tomatoes and herbs and season.
- Lightly grease the casserole, put in the fish fillets, cover with the sauce, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!