These meatballs are easy to make and delicious over rice, pasta, or noodles.
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons dried onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine ground beef, potatoes, onion soup mix, parsley, and egg in large mixing bowl. Shape into 12 meatballs about 2" in diameter. Set aside.
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish, combine beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Add meatballs to sauce. Cook, covered on medium-high for 12 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl. Mix until smooth. Add to meatballs.
- Cover and cook on medium-high for 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Try these easy delicious meatballs over rice, pasta or noodles.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.