Baby Zucchini with Fish and Couscous
Whip up a batch of this fish and couscous casserole for a quick and hearty dinner.
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 20M
Serves: Serves 6-8
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1lb 5oz (600g) baby zucchini, halved lengthwise
- juice and finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste or pur閑
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- large handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 11/4lb (550g) white fish, such as haddock, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups hot vegetable stock
- 1lb (450g) couscous
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Put 2 tbsp of the oil in a bowl, add the zucchini, and mix until evenly coated. Cook in a hot frying pan for 2 minutes on each side, then set aside. You may need to do this in batches.
- Add the rest of the oil to the bowl, and mix with the lime juice and zest, tomato paste or pur閑, five-spice powder, cayenne, paprika, black pepper, parsley, and garlic. Then add the fish, stock, couscous, and zucchini and combine carefully.
- Transfer to a baking pan and cover with foil. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, then stir and serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!