Bacon Cheeseburger Patties
Type: Main Dishes
Add bacon to the classic cheeseburger for an unbelievable taste.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 16 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup Hormel Bacon Bits
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) dried fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Heinz Light Harvest or any reduced-sodium ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 reduced-calorie hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine meat, bacon bits, Cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, ketchup, and water. Mix well to combine.
- Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup as a guide, form into 6 patties.
- Place patties on a grill or a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray. Brown 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until to desired doneness.
- For each sandwich, place 1 browned patty between a bun.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.