Baked BBQ Pork Tenders
You don't have to fire up the grill to get a taste of barbecue. Just stir up this homemade-healthy sauce, smother the meat, and bake up a storm!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 (4-ounce) lean pork tenderloins or cutlets
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray. Evenly arrange meat in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, Sugar Twin, Brown Sugar Twin, and lemon juice. Add onion. Mix well to combine.
- Pour sauce mixture evenly over meat. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. When serving, evenly spoon sauce over meat.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.