Baked Chicken in Orange-Almond Sauce
You can use a few handy ingredients, like orange juice, marmalade, and almonds, to put a special fruited glaze on ordinary baked chicken.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 16 ounces skinned and boned uncooked chicken breasts, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Evenly arrange chicken pieces in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, spreadable fruit, margarine, almond extract, parsley flakes, and onion flakes.
- Drizzle orange mixture evenly over chicken. Evenly sprinkle almonds over top.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.