Baked Gringo Steaks
The cheese, salsa, and sour cream topping on these minute steaks is sure to please the entire family.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 (4 ounce) lean beef minute or cube steaks
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar Twin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Place browned meat in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato soup, salsa, Brown Sugar Twin, and parsley flakes. Spoon soup mixture evenly over meat.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover. Evenly sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top.
- Continue baking for 3 to 4 minutes.
- For each serving, place 1 piece of meat on plate, spoon sauce evenly over meat, and top with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.