Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Your children will love this simple macaroni and cheese.
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces Sargento Light reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- n a large saucepan combine the milk and cornstarch; heat over medium heat, continually stirring.
- When the milk has thickened, remove from the heat and add the cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Continue stirring until the cheese melts.
- Mix the macaroni and cheese together and place in a small casserole pan. Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 40 minutes, increasing cooking time by 10 minutes if the casserole was made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- This recipe is easily doubled for a larger crowd.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.