Baked Pork Cutlets with Rice-Tomato Stuffing
Spice up an old standby -- pork cutlets -- with a savory rice-tomato stuffing.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 (4-ounce) lean tenderized pork cutlets or tenderloins
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray. In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, lightly brown meat on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine rice, tomato soup, onion, black pepper, and parsley flakes.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Evenly arrange browned meat over rice mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
- 1. Do not over brown meat, as it will become tough. 2. 2/3 cup uncooked rice usually cooks to about 1 cup.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.