Type: Main Dishes
Type: Main Dishes
Baked Rigatoni is a classic casserole that your family will make a staple!
Serves: Serves: 12
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups nonfat ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 6 1/2 cups nonfat pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces rigatoni, cooked and drained
- 3 cups nonfat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F (if baking after preparation).
- Spray 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine egg substitute, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley in medium bowl; mix until completely blended.
- Combine pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Pour 2 cups pasta sauce in bottom of baking dish; top with half the cooked pasta, half the cheese mixture (drop by tablespoons) and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with 2 cups sauce, remaining pasta, remaining cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Spray large foil sheet with cooking spray; cover baking dish.
- Pasta can be refrigerated at this point and baked later, or bake, covered, 60 to 70 minutes; uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before serving.
- If planning to freeze casserole: Cool to room temperature. Slice into individual servings if desired, wrap in freezer wrap and store in plastic freezer bag. Frozen pasta meals can be baked directly from freezer (wrap in foil and heat in 350F oven 20 to 25 minutes) or thawed in microwave and baked in 350F oven 10 to 15 minutes.
- Timesaving tip: Double the recipe and freeze half for another meal. You and your family will appreciate it!
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.