Baked Sweet Potato Sticks
Type: Main Dishes
These delicious potato sticks are a healthy alternative to French fries.
Serves: Makes about 3 cups
- 2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2"-thick sticks. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the vegetable oil until coated.
- Put them onto the baking sheet, spreading in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the sticks over and bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft inside.
- Remove pan to a wire rack and let cool slightly.
Reprinted from The Baby Bistro Cookbook: Healthy, Delicious Cuisine for Babies, Toddlers, and You by Joohee Muromcew. Copyright © 2003 by Joohee Muromcew. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098. Available wherever books are sold or directly from the publisher by calling (800) 848-4735 or visit their website at www.rodalestore.com.