Baked Turkey Rolls Filled with Chestnuts and Mushrooms
Chestnuts and mushrooms are stuffed in turkey to make a filling and mouth-watering dish.
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 40M
Serves: Serves 6-8
- 21/2lb (1.1kg) turkey breast, cut into 3in (7.5cm) strips
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7oz (200g) ready-cooked chestnuts
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- large handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 41/2oz (125g) dried apricots
- 11/4lb (550g) cremini mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Season the turkey strips with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside. Meanwhile, put the chestnuts, garlic, and parsley in a food processor and blend for 10 seconds. Add the apricots and mushrooms and pulse for a further 5 seconds. Add the thyme and 3 tablespoons of the oil and process for 5 seconds, or until you have a chunky paste. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each turkey strip and carefully roll it up. Place the rolls in a baking dish with the seams facing down, making sure they are tightly packed. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 10 minutes, or until brown. Serve with a crisp green salad.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!