Barry's Taco Salad
Type: Main Dishes
Kick the spices up a notch with this delicious taco salad recipe.
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 envelope taco mix
- 1 (10-oz.) package tortilla chips
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 head shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Brown ground beef in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Drain fat.
- Turn off heat and mix in can of creamed corn and taco mix.
- Layer the following in a large bowl: tortilla chips (crushed by hand), ground beef mix, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used (usually two or three layers).
- Garnish with sour cream, black olives, and salsa.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.