Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Type: Main Dishes
Your family will love this beef and broccoli stir-fry!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- Slice slightly frozen flank steak into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Combine water, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, garlic, and red pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok. Add beef. Stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add broccoli. Stir-fry until broccoli is tender-crisp. Stir sauce and add to mixture. Stir until thickened.
- Cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.