Beef and Leek Couscous
Beef and leeks make a great addition to this couscous recipe.
Prep Time: 25M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 6-8
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 leeks, cleaned and finely sliced
- 11/2lb (675g) ground beef
- 2 red chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups hot beef stock
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1lb (450g) couscous
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Heat the oil in a large casserole, add the leeks, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the chiles, paprika, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook for 3 minutes, then add the stock and parsley and combine well. Stir in the couscous, then cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Stir and serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!