Beef and Onion Burgers
Onions, carrots, and breadcrumbs give a traditional beef hamburger added flavor and help you sneak in some vegetables for your kids.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 12 oz (375 g) chuck steak or shin of beef, with all fat removed, ground
- 1/2 lb (250 g) carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp each chopped fresh mint and parsley
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion until softened.
- Let cool and add to all the other ingredients.
- Mix, shape into patties, dust with a little flour, and fry.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!