Beef Kebabs with Lime, Ginger, and Honey
Sweet, tart, and spicy meet in this delicious marinade
Prep Time: 20M, plus marinating
Cooking Time: 4M-8M
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- one 2in ( 5cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb ( 450g) beef sirloin, cut into 1in ( 2.5cm) cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the avocado cream
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2oz ( 55g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 fresh hot green chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 3/4 oz ( 50g) cream cheese
- For the marinade, purée the scallions, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and oil. Place the beef pieces in a nonreactive bowl and add the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- For the avocado cream, process the avocado, cream cheese, scallions, and chile. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the broiler. Thread the beef cubes and cherry tomatoes onto wooden skewers.
- Cook the beef kebabs for about 3 minutes on each side, or until medium-rare. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot, with the avocado cream.
- soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent burning
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!