This beef stew cooks in a crock pot while you are at work -- and it's ready and waiting for you when you get home.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean stew beef
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 4 medium red potatoes, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 10.75-ounce can reduced-fat tomato soup
- 1 cup red wine or cooking wine
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (bottled is fine)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10-ounce package frozen peas
- Place all ingredients except peas in the Crockpot.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Stir in peas.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.