Type: Main Dishes
The ingredients in this Mediterranean-inspired wrap strike a balance between cool and spicy flavors.
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 TB. crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 pkg. (8 pieces) small pita bread
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage, cut into thin strips
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Season beef strips with cumin, salt, and pepper, and sauté until done, about six minutes.
- Mix yogurt, garlic, chopped cucumber, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Slice an opening in each piece of pita. Insert beef strips in each piece, arranging them lengthwise.
- Top beef with cabbage strips, and top with the seasoned yogurt mixture. Ready to go!
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.